ANST - Straw Poll for Southern Corridor!

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 19 22:00:11 PST 1998

Greetings Friends!

> If you live in or around that area, please send me email with your yea or
> nay (no abstentions... silence speaks volumes).

Well, I no longer live in the area, but I think most everyone who knows me
knows that Bjornsborg is near and dear to my heart, so I am somewhat interested
in what is going on in the Southern Region, even if I wouldn't have an official
vote if it came to that.

My comment is:  No abstentions?  It seems to be that in this case, wanting to
judge how people are generally feeling about the issue, that an abstention
would be valid.  Consider the audience of the Ansteorran list.  Would it
be better to send an abstension, and at least contribute to the discussion,
or to say nothing and risk being lumped with those who aren't in the region
and thus wouldn't be counted anyway?

I think knowing the number of people who don't care to vote on the issue
would be valid.  it would give your "yea" or "nay" votes a bit more context.
An example: If  you have 50 yea votes and 45 nay votes, but 120 abstentions.
I would think that could be significant.

Gio.