ANST - Principality Arms Discussion

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sun Feb 22 20:58:59 PST 1998

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Nathan W. Jones <njones at ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
> p.s.  Is erminois gold with black spots, or black with
> gold spots?  I've gotten erminois and pean confused somehow.

        Ermine: white background, black ermine spots
      Erminois: gold  background, black ermine spots
Counter-ermine: black background, white ermine spots
          Pean: black background, gold  ermine spots

X ermined Y:
   1) X background, Y spots
   2) what to use when you get confused about the meanings
      of ermine, erminois, counter-ermine, and pean

Daniel "and now the roundels and gouts" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.