ANST - planning calendar

cougar17 at swbell.net cougar17 at swbell.net
Mon Feb 2 02:07:24 PST 1998

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. 0-99 A.D. was counted as the first
century. 100-199 was considered the second century, hence 1900-1999 is
considered the 20th Century. The 21st Century begins at midnight, right
after the expiration of the 24 hour period of December 31, 1999. You'd
have to look up the site for the U.S. Naval Atomic Clock, to get the
exact time within milliseconds. Hmmmm....I wonder if the Real Estate
company, Century 21 has plans in the works to change their name? :)

Check out information on a project called YR2000. or YR2 for short. Most
computer mainframes built before a certain time, do not have a bios that
will recognize the date of 2000. We got a statement from Ford Motor
Credit recently, that shows the last payment due 1-4-02!! This would
make the computer calculate 98 years of interest, late fees, and add it
to the total balance. This is because the 99 on the year counter will
re-set to 00. Programmers are working on this, and if you check the want
ads in the papers, you will see openings all over, for people with
experience on this dilemma. I checked the bios on my puter, and it DOES
read 2000 and up, but the motherboard is relatively new. A board that
has at least a "socket 3" (interchangeable CPU) usually 486+, probably
will recognize this change. The socket 7 motherboards, wich are
upgradable to an Intel pentium chip, definatly will, but anything
earlier, like a 386/33 with a permanent, soulderd in place CPU,... I
dont think they do.

						Cougar!!