ANST - [off topic] kessel run

Keith E. Brandt, M.D. wd9get at amsat.org
Thu Feb 5 19:40:16 PST 1998

>In one of the books, they explain that the Kessel run is a test to see the
>volume of space (what a parsec is, it's a cubic light-year) a smuggler
>needs to rendesvous with a bunch of other ships (heading in all different
>directions) to drop off smuggled goods.  A fast ship would do it in less
>volume of space...

Close, but  no cigar. A parsec is 3.26 light-years, or the parallax of one
second of arc (thus the name). It could still be used as you state, that a
faster ship could rendezvous with ships in a shorter linear distance.

--Galen

Keith E. Brandt, MD, WD9GET     || Goodbye, cruel world that was my home-
 Resident in Aerospace Medicine ||    there's cleaner space out here to roam.
San Antonio, TX                 || Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
wd9get at amsat.org                ||    sit back, relax, and count the stars.
http://www.dca.net/~brandt      ||