ANST - Millennial Madness (was Re: Calendars)

Bill Osterheim Polydore at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 5 23:47:28 PST 1998

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> > Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> > > I can't find anything in the alt.folklore.urban archives or FAQ,
> > > so I have to go from memory: there was no Y1K madness; it just wasn't
> > > a big deal.
> > >
> > > Daniel de Lincolia

(*SNIP*)

> Who did these historians and writers reference?  What are the primary
> sources?
>
> If Millenial Madness occurred to the extent that some historians state, then
> there should be references in the contemporary documents.
>
> Bear

I have a book here titled "AD 1000 Living on the Brink of Apocalypse" by
Richard Erdoes. Interesting stuff, with lots of references listed ( 7
pages )
and an extensive bibliography ( 9 pages ) in the back. Might be a good
starting point for those interested in actually looking into this.

Polydore