ANST - Interesting site... and poignant, too

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Feb 6 07:36:52 PST 1998

Galen of Bristol here!

Casey&Coni wrote:

> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/8500/sca.htm
>
> Was strolling about the Internet when I happened to stumble on these
> gentlemen.
> And I thought we had the market on humor.  Maybe through the laughs and
> the winces we can learn how to better ourselves, eh?
>
> Ritter Dieterich- Recovering from the ego-beating this site gave me....
> *ouch*

I saw this site several months ago, when it was a hot topic on
the Rialto.  It's posted by an Australian re-enactment group
called the Routiers, whose size is roughly equivalent to the
average household in Stargate, and whose focus is laser-tight,
in terms of period and setting.  They've looked at the SCA
as it's played in Australia, and as it's discussed on the
Rialto, found it not to _their_ satisfaction, and have devoted
a page to criticizing the SCA for not being what they think
the SCA should be.

I would not urge anyone to waste their time on the Routiers'
venom.  My reaction to it was to be glad that _my_ hobby
doesn't allow me time to be critical of groups that I'm not
in.

Instead, I spend my time trying to make that part of the
SCA that's in my reach better, more fun, and more authentic.
Unfortunately for the Routiers, that doesn't include
Australia.

- Galen of Bristol
pmitchel at flash.net