ANST - Better Bannering

Askell at aol.com Askell at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 09:58:01 PST 1998

While I admit I loved the "bobbing Bob the banner bearer" I do have a
question.  My lord pointed out that it seemed a bit tacky to use our banners
as/on weapons--you know, the dragging in the mud, using our rallying point as
a weapon and all that.  His point being that banners/standards should get a
little more respect than being used as something to (theoretically) shed
blood.

Why not use fully armored non-combatants (willing to take a few shots if
necessary) to carry standards/banners?  It seems like an excellent idea to me.

Melody (with input from Askell)