ANST - Interesting site... and poignant, too

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sat Feb 7 23:04:24 PST 1998

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Conor mac Cinneide
<carcassonnais at geocities.com> wrote:
> I found the viciousness of the attack astounding, but I
> felt that he had many points that we need to look at.

There's often more bad blood between related groups than
distant groups.  For example, some of the most vicious
political fighting has been between groups on the Left.
I think part of it is competing for the same audience.

In the SCA context, there was exceptionally bad blood for
years between the SCA as a whole and the Dark Horde.  I
understand from histories that the Horde was formed partly
for fun and partly to reject some bad traits the founders
saw in the Midrealm.  Similarly for the Kingdom of Acre, and
for the SCA branch in England that seceeded (Fair Isle?).

I'd say accept the blows that are good, work for better
relations where possible, and hope that time will heal all
wounds.

Daniel "let a hundred flowers bloom, but this time leave the
Weed Whacker (tm) alone" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.