ANST - re: arrow construction

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sun Feb 8 18:58:28 PST 1998

On  8 Feb 98 at 16:59, harry billings wrote:

thanks for the info ... same answers to some of the questions that i
had, but never hurts to check)

> >some questions ...

> >* ... performance advantages / disadvantages of the types?
> Straight adv. less drag dis. dose not offer as much stability.
> Helical adv. more stability dis more drag

so on target arrows helical best, on combat straight is
probably adequate ??? (considering the combat heads would blast the
aerodynamics anyway ?)

> >* ... why is "straight" fletching required on fiberglass shafted
> Straight is not required just that it is hard to put helical fletch
> on 1/4" od shafts

that was my primary question.  not being familiar with the fiberglass
arrows / bolts (only ones i have are comercial bolts for my
mundane target xbow ... though prefer the aluminum ones flight
characateristics - flatter trajectory ....).

> >* ... sources of these jigs?
> F/S Discount Archery 800-824-8261 catalog; Bowhunters Discount
> Warehouse, inc 717-432-8651 Cust serv.

thanks for the information ... will look into getting catalogs
over the next couple weeks

thanks

... in diversity there is strength