ANST - Fealty vs. Service

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Tue Feb 10 16:56:13 PST 1998

> Kingdom Officers don't swear fealty in Ansteorra; they swear
> oaths of service.

In theory this is true, however, I've seen in recent years a trend
towards making the Officers oath one that more reflects a subject in
fealty.  In fact, not too long ago I remember the Great Officers
swearing the same group oath as the knights and other peers took.

In the past, the difference between the two was very clear.  Lately
the lines are blurring.  I know how some of the officers feel about
this trend.  I'd be interested in knowing how other people feel about
it.  Are there advantages or disadvantages to Kingdom Officers being
in fealty to the crown?  How does it work in other kingdoms?

- Kat

Kat MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer, Ansteorra
Lori Campbell
lcampbel at ossm.edu

"a good example has twice the value of good advice"