ANST - Court Baron/ess and fealty

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:32:58 PST 1998

---Baronman at aol.com wrote:
> Shouldn't there be more for the Court B and B's to DO?

Bors, in some ways it seems to me, as neither Peer nor Baron (and no
expectation or particular driving desire for either anytime soon),
that Court Baronies for former Landeds were introduced as a courtesy
title most reminiscent of the gold retirement watch in the modern
workplace. Court Baronies issued for long and valued service without
prior position are (have been) pretty much the same.

Tell ya what: you are already a C.B., deMille. Lead, follow, or rest
yourself as you might wish to. Talk others among the current C.B.
into doing likewise, and sooner or later ya just might have a whole
*movement* out there, going for the gusto and pickin' up steam.

Now, I happen to know a fair number of baronial-types, landed and
former landed and nekkid Court-appointments as well. Most of 'em who
still participate on a regular basis tend to slow down for a little
while after leaving a major office (whether stepping down as B&B or
laying aside long-filled kingdom office), then gravitate right back
into the thick o' things. For your proposed "flower fund" to work
*as a project of the C.B. population*, take into consideration just
how near burn-out any given individual may be before asking them to
take on new duties. May be more important to let 'em rest a year or
so...

I wanna watch what happens, any way ya go about it. I'll throw in
the occasional cat-call from the sidelines, just in case. (No
problem at all, came with my job description!)

===
Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com