ANST - animals

E.Preston III & Shelly K. Walker wf3 at icok.net
Thu Feb 12 20:56:53 PST 1998

Owner courtesy seems to remain the number one problem in animal control
at events. Here's what I've read just today:

1. unleashed animals running about, in trash and food of other campers.
2. poop.
3. barking.

Let me add another problem.

4. unsocialized animals.

IMO, an animal brought to an event needs to be properly socialized to
large groups of people BEFORE the event. I have seen (dogs mainly here)
who have obviously never been exposed to so much activity and strange
people thrust right in the middle of a crowd during the list. I've
overheard owners mention "this is Spike's trial run, we don't know if he
can handle all this". And I've seen dogs snap, growl, and lunge at
strangers. All at events. Unfortunately, even leashed animals can bite
when over agitated.

I have a dog, but I don't bring her to events. I'm not willing to devote
all my time to her, so she stays at home, sleeping in my nice bed while
I sleep on the ground!
Britta the Red
Britta the Red