ANST - Best Persona playing at events..

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Mon Feb 16 09:09:37 PST 1998

Talen scrawled:
> Actually, the Shire of Mooneschadowe is preparing for our annual
> Fundraiser
> at this very moment, and the central part is that each table of modern
> couples is hosted by a medieval couple - staying in persona the entire
> evening.  The rest of the cast is servers, cooks & entertainers.
>
> It's our "St. Valentine's Feast", where the local community gets to
> see the
> SCA at its finest.  Courtly clothing, dancing and a Pas d'Armes,
> amongst
> other items.  Food fit for a King (we know, we've done this for our
> own
> <BG>).  Service to make any noble envious.  And lots of help from our
> brothers and sisters from other SCA groups, such as Northkeep,
> Wiesenfeuer
> and Namron.

I would like to thank the shire of Mooneschadowe for inviting my lady
and I to take part in this feast.  We got to play lord and lady at a
table of four mundane couples and by our interaction show them what
people did and thought in period times.  The food was INCREDIBLE!
Probably the best or one of the top five feast I have ever eaten.  There
was swordplay, dancing, dancing with swordplay, more swordplay, bardic,
juggling, and more.  A theme of interplay between the four sides of the
hall carried through the entire evening.  I know they did their research
on this, and it came off well.  You have my, and my lady's, thanks!

-Ulf
***COGITO, ERGO SPUD-I think therefore I Yam.***