ANST - Fealty

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Feb 16 05:11:19 PST 1998

Sir Lyone Oliver Grace said:

> The subject of fealty again raises it's many-faceted head.  Master Ioseph
> of Locksley in Atenveldt has taken this topic on a number of times over the
> years--less than satisfactorily in my estimation--and I believe one of his
> articles is on-line and reachable through Stefan's Florilegium.

Yes, there is some material in the Florilegium on fealty. Such as these files:

fealty-art        (27K)  1/18/94    Article on fealty by Ioseph of Locksley.
fealty-msg        (28K) 10/27/97    Fealty in SCA and period. Feudalism.

If you have an opposing view to Ioseph of Locksley, please consider putting
it down on paper as an article and submitting it to me for inclusion in the
Florilegium. I think the rest of your message is a good starting point.
Obviously, from the comments on this list alone, there are different views
on what chivalry and fealty mean in today's world and the SCA, as well as in
period. I think others would find such article(s) useful.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net