ANST - P-word lead-in

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Feb 16 12:45:05 PST 1998

Aquilanne wrote:
> It would seem logical that if one were to form a
> principality, it would be with the thought that Some Day in the far off
> future that it might grow up to become it's own kingdom.

Doe snot follow, as Westies keep pointing out: their principalities
of the Mists and Cynagua have absolutely no plans to go kingdom.
They just like to have that level (to the point that for some
years there was no local SCA branch below principality in
San Francisco: everyone played at kingdom and principality).

> I'm wondering if it's allowable for a principality
> to exist in that form [as a donut hole],
> if it's not allowable for a kingdom to exist in that form.

Of course they can.

I have heard mutterings about the Board not liking new principalities,
new p-words that want to go kingdom, and/or new -pwords
that DON'T want to go kingdom, but I have nothing sold.

Danielis Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.