ANST - P-word

Alan Boertjens a0210687 at rlemail.dseg.ti.com
Tue Feb 17 13:44:18 PST 1998

Keith Hood wrote:
> And how can it benefit this kingdom's standing with other kingdoms to
> make it smaller and weaker?  Aren't we already badly outnumbered at
> Gulf War without cutting down the size of the recruit pool?

Being that I just moved to Ansteorra from Trimaris...I would like
to point out a few things about a part of Keith's last message.

Trimaris became a principality, and later a kingdom, because of the
vast travel distances being part of Meridies.  Separating from
Meridies and becoming a smaller group actually strengthened Trimaris.

Trimaris has only 3 baronies as opposed to how many in Ansteorra.
Trimaris is a much smaller kingdom geographically than Ansteorra.

I propose that one of the key reasons why Trimaris fields a sizable
force at Gulf Wars is that it has a very strong sense of unity as
a Kingdom.

Perhaps its all due to the swampgas down there...who knows :-)

~Johan