ANST - P-word lead-in

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Feb 17 19:53:20 PST 1998

It should also be noted that
- SCA name standards, and SCA anme registration standards,
  have risen greatly in the past decade or so.  (Elfsea,
  meet Stargate, and Moonshadowe, and ...)
- as Kat notes, Nordsteorra is a herald's title, which does not
  necessarily make it appropriate for a branch name (or even
  appropriate as a herald's title; as I said, standards have
  tightened).  Mind you, I don't know enough to say it
  *isn't*.

The regional heralds' titles are Nordsteorra, Eclipse,
Solstice, Twilight, and oh bugger.  No, no, that's not the
title, that's just my exclamation at forgetting it.  The
three others I remember don't work as geographic names (and
only Eclipse is possibly plausible as a heraldic title).

Daniel "not possibly plausible" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.