ANST - You know what's coming

Scott Powers spowers at telepath.com
Wed Feb 18 10:14:10 PST 1998

>> Or maybe the autocrats would like to send their event announcements to both
>> Kingdom and Principality newsletters.  And when they get it done the
>> evening of the 2nd or 3rd of the month (of course, that never happens
>> around here, does it?  :-} ), they can pay TWO overnight express bills, and
>> TWO late fees.  Unless of course you end up with two principalities, then
>> make it three of everything.  Yup, this is going to make it easier on
>> everyone.
>>
>> Rumil
>
>I doubt that sending two event announcements would be that great a
>hardship on
>a group. You seem to be making things sound worse than they actually are.
>
>Gunthar

You are probably right about the first things in my post.  However, as a
former Kingdom Chronicler and current Deputy Kingdom Chronciler (to my
wife), I can assure you that event announcements sent on time through the
normal mail, that incur neither overnight charges nor late fees, are rare.
That extra expense (for the second submission), particularly for small
groups, would most definately be a hardship.

Of course you could argue that if they just sent them in on time, it would
not be a big deal.  And you would be right.  But that is not what really
happens in the real world.  In real life, overworked autocrats who had to
wait until the last minute to find out some vital piece of information
before they sent in the event announcement often have great difficulty
getting the announcements in early enough to use snail mail.

So, no.  I don't think I am making it sound worse than it really is.

Rumil