ANST - P-word

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:13:50 PST 1998

Heilsa my right good Brother...!

Kief here...writing form HE Lorraine"s account...

>> By the way, you are the very first person in all these postings who has
>> allowed that there are other possibilities besides forming
>> principalities.  Thank you.

>Which says something, don't you think?

What it says, good Brother, is that the 50 or so folks that have commented
favorably on this issue all subscribe to this list.... What it says is that
there are a few folks out there that are looking at this on-line... There are
others of the populace that wish for nothing but the tempering of our Kingdom,
the wearing of the Sable Star at a War, good friends and companions after a
long drive to an event, the solidarity of being a part of the most unique
Kingdom, in my opinion, in the Known World...

>It is funny that last year when the Kingdom was contemplating a three or four
>way split into Principalities, everyone was upset that Ansteorra would be divided.
>But now I have heard pro-Principality statements from just about every region.

Again, friend and neighbor, I am reading but few voices among the nigh on to
1,700 folk in the Kingdom... There are plenty of pro-one-Kingdom voices... They
just don't have access to these proceedings...

>Don't you wonder what's going on in Ansteorra that so many people are contemplating
>their region becoming a Principality?

"...so many people..."? Where are your hundreds of voices on this list? Your
petitions at the local level? In my corner of the Southern Region the thought
is 80% against P vs. 20% for P...

>The same "Regionalism" is shown in so many groups wanting to wear their group
>tabards in the War instead of the Ansteorran War tabard. The Steppes guard used
>to have War tabards that had the badge of the Steppes worn as a patch on the right
>shoulder but still wearing the Ansteorran Star.

Group solidarity is natural... Folks that train together develop pride in their
unit... Note that most units still retain the Ansteorran Star at the primary
charge on their unit tabbards...

>Just some thoughts.
>
>Yers,
>
>Gunthar

At you service Brother...

Sir Kief av Kiersted, OP, Baron Raven's Fort (ret.)