ANST - P-words...in a nut-shell.

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:48:33 PST 1998

Heilsa Gunthar...!

Well, what can I say.... I feel that in the end the Kingdom would be split.
Sorry... The Ansteorran army would become the Ansteorran army and the army of
"insert name here"... No more sea of Or and Sable.... Rather a motly sea of
different tabbards... I am a "Kingdom" man... I truly dislike the idea of a
principality in the middle, or edge of, Ansteorra... Eventually, the folk in a
principality would probably petition for Kingdom status... Where would
Ansteorra be then? Our uniqueness stems from our unity...

>I had to add my agreement with Sir Lyonel. Who's "splitting" anything? Forming
>a Principality does not mean that someone isn't Ansteorran. If the people opposed
>to forming a Principality wind up being in one, they can devote just as much of
>thier time to Ansteorra as always.

Again I state, principalities are not in my vocabulary... Sure does sound
irrational doesn't it...? Ansteorra is my home, maybe more so that any "home"
I've ever known... I don't want to live in one part of a "broken home"...

>Does a member of the Mists not feel like he's a part of the Western Kingdom?
>If the Shire of Black Oak Keep suddenly becomes a Barony does that mean that
>the members can only play within the confines of the Barony?

You speak rightly here....

>I just don't understand how me living in the Principality of Whatnot means that
>I'm no longer Ansteorran.

I still believe that if one lives in the principality of "X" then they owe
their loyalty to the principality...first...to the Kingdom...second. At least
that is the picture that I've seen from all the other principality folk
everywhere I've traveled in the last 14 years....

>Cordially,
>
>Gunthar

Sincerely with Love and Respect....

Kief