ANST - principalities, populace, and percentages

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Feb 19 09:58:10 PST 1998

Dennis and/or Dory Grace said something that sounded like:
> As it is, there's no reason to discourage list discussion
> of the less-structural, more-fun aspects such as names and colors and arms
> and such. It's just part of the creative process that makes so much of the
> SCA enjoyable.

My problem with it is the fact that we haven't even figured out if the
people want a Principality or what groups are involved. We don't want to
alienate anyone or make them feel like they have to accept it 'cause
people already did the work. Etc.

I can't see it being easy to create a Principality. There is lots of
things to be done after we get the populace approves, like Law, Officers,
etc.

People get worked up when they start doing things like picking names and
arms, and forget to focus on the fact that they have to create the thing
in the first place.

I see it as baby naming. Don't start picking out names until you are at
least pregnant. Not to mention that everyone else may not care to listen
to you rattle on about what to call your non-existant child. (Heck, most
people don't wanna hear you talk about it even after you are pregnant.)

> So, *have* you thought about what might look cool for arms?

Not for a Principality.

Ciao,