ANST - Kingdom Calander???

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Thu Feb 19 19:01:20 PST 1998

stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Why are there so many dates recently that have MANY stacked events
> and then also dates with NO events scheduled?
>
> Lorraine

Everybody wants to have thier event when it is good weather and usually
before spring and fall crown.
The reasons are pretty simple More groups are having the max number of
Kingdom calendar events allowed to size of their group.

Most groups are exercising their right to have two events per year of
the calendar, plus regional events, plus kingdom sponsored or kingdom
required events.
Here are the numbers if you are curious of how many events are
scheduled  from March of 98 forward.
13 Baronies have 25 events scheduled
shires, canton's, colleges have 21 events already scheduled
regional events there is 1 scheduled
Crown, Coronation, Queens champion 6 scheduled
Gulf Wars 1 scheduled
Other kingdom events (kings college, academy of the rapier etc) 5
scheduled
so far nobody wants to compete with 4of july, thanksgiving, and
christmas. 3 more event weekends
That brings are total to 42 weekends open and 56 events to go on thoise
weeknds of that 4 weekends are still open so 38 event weekends and 56
events to go n those weekends. THe calendar is still pretty clear for
december, but when I update it will soon change. Too many events too few
weekends, simple logistics.

I hope this will answer you question. If you would like to look at the
calendar. I have enclosed feb 1 calendar.
yours in service
Richard

March 1998
27-1    Lyonesse - Bjornsborg (San Antonio, TX)
        Spring Melee & War College - Graywood (Nacogdoches/Lufkin,TX)
6-8     Open
13-15   Gulf Wars
20-22   Open
27-29   Crown Tournament - Ravensfort (Huntsville,TX)

April 1998
3-5     Hero of the Temple - Tempio (Temple,TX)
        Loch Guardian - Loch Sollier (Clear Lake, TX)
        Celtic Games - Brad Leah (Wichita Falls, TX)
        Seawinds Tourney - Seawinds (Corpus Christi, TX)
10-12   A Day in Germany - Mendersham (Abilene, TX)
17-19   To Save the Queen - Ekdern Hills (Lawton,OK)
        Quest for the Clover - Ravensfort (Huntsville, TX)
        Guardians of the Tor - Dragonsfire Tor (Stephenville, TX)
24-26   Octavian Tournament - Bonwicke (Lubbock,TX)
        Bordermarch Baronial Championship - Bordermarch (Beaumont,TX)
        Wastelands Games - Wastelands (Enid,OK)

May 1998
1-4     Elfsea Springfaire - Elfsea (Ft. Worth, TX)
8-10    Namron Beltaine - Namron (Norman,OK)
        Emerald Tourney - Emerald Keep (Waco,TX)
15-17   Squires Invitational - Loch Sollier (Clear Lake, TX)
        Kingdom Dance & Music Symposium - Bryn Gwald (Austin,TX)
22-24   Steppes Warlord - Steppes (Dallas,TX)
29-31   Castellan - Northkeep (Tulsa,OK)

June 1998
5-7     Midsummer Faire VIII - Gates Edge (Houston,TX)
        Passa de Armes - Adlersruhe (Amarillo,TX)
12-14   Eldern XX - Eldern Hills (Lawton,OK)
        Rogues and Rapiers - Rosenfeld (Tyler,TX)
19-21   Kings College - Tba
26-28   Mid-Summer Ball - Lindenwood (Dallas, TX)
        Kingdom Academy of the Rapier - TBA

July 1998
3-5     4th of july weekend
10-12   Coronation - TBA
17-19   2nd Annual Bazzar Event - Toree de los Brazos (Lake Jackson, TX)
24-26   Queens Champion - Tba

August 1998
31-2    Western Regional A&S College - Blacklake (Midland/Odessa, TX)
7-9     Open
14-16   Steppes Artisan - Steppes (Dallas,TX)
21-23   Wastelands Defender - Wastelands (Enid,OK)
28-30   Open

September 1998
4-6     Wiesenfeuer Baronial - Wiesenfeuer (OKC,OK)
11-13   Stargate Baronial - Stargate (Houston,TX)
        William Marshall IV - Falconridge (Altus,OK)
18-20   Defender of the Fort - Ravensfort (Huntsville,TX)
        Mooneschadowe Guardian - Mooneschadowe (Stillwater,OK)
25-27   Elfsea Defender - Elfsea (Ft. Worth, TX)

October 1998
2-4     Battle of the Pines - Graywood (Nacogdoches/Lufkin,TX)
        Bryn Gwald Baronial Faire - Bryn Gwald (Austin, TX)
9-11    Namron Protectorate - Namron (Norman,OK)
        Warchieftain/Cavalier of the Bridge - Middleford (Killeen, TX)
16-18   Crown Tournament - TBA
23-25   Battle of Three Kings - Rosenfeld (Tyler, TX)
        Bjornsborg Fall Court - Bjornsborg (San Antonio, TX)
30-1    Feast of the Mistrels - Tempio (Temple,TX)
        Samhain - Eldern Hills (Lawton, OK)

November 1998
6-8     Laurel's Prize Tourney - TBA
        Mother of all Wars - Northkeep (Tulsa,OK)
13-15   Gnomon Vale's Margrave - Gnomon Vale (McAlester, OK)
20-22   Autmn Melee's - Bordermarch (Beaumont,TX)
27-29   Thanksgiving Weekend

December 1998
4-6     Open
13-15   Yule Revel - Wiesenfeuer (OKC,OK)
18-20   Open
25-27   Open

January 1999
1-3     Open
8-10    Steppes 12th Night - Steppes (Dallas, TX)
15-17   Coronation - Tba
22-24   Open
29-31   Queen's Champion - TBA

February 1999
5-8     Candelmas - Bryn Gwald (Austin,TX)
12-14   Open
19-21   Battle for Britany - Gates Edge (Hosuton,TX)
        Northern Regional War Tribute - Wiesenfeuer (OKC,OK)
26-28   Ice Axe XVIII - Middleford (Killeen,TX)

March 1999
5-7     Lyonesse - Bjornsborg (San Antonio, TX)
12-14   Open
19-21   Open
26-28   Open

April 1999
2-4     Open
9-11    Crown Tournament - TBA
16-18   Open
23-25   Octavian - Bonwicke (Lubbock, TX)

May 1999
30-2    Open
7-9     Open
14-16   Loch Guardian - Loch Sollier (Clear Lake, TX)
21-23   Open
28-30   Steppes Warlord - Steppes (Dallas, TX)

June 1999
4-6     Open
11-13   Castellan - Northkeep (Tulsa, OK)
18-20   Kings College - TBA
25-27   Open

July 1999
2-4     Open
9-11    Coronation - TBA
16-18   Open
23-25   Queen's Champion - TBA
30-1    Open

August 1999
6-8     Open
13-15   Open
20-22   Steppes Artisan - Steppes (Dallas, TX)
27-29   Open

September 1999
3-5     Wiesenfeuer Baronial - Wiesenfeur (OKC,OK)
10-12   Stargate Baronial - Stargate (Houston,TX)
17-19   Defender of the Fort - Ravensfort (Huntsville, TX)
24-26   Elfsea Defender - Elfsea (Ft. Worth, TX)

October 1999
1-3     Bryn Gwald Baronial Faire - Bryn Gwald (Austin, TX)
8-10    Namron Protectorate - Namron (Norman, OK)
15-17   Crown Tournament - TBA
22-24   Battle of Three Kings - Rosenfled (Tyler,TX)
29-1    Samhain - Eldern Hills (Lawton,OK)
        Warchieftain/Cavalier of the Bridge - Middleford (Killeen, TX)

November 1999
5-7     Kingdom A&S - TBA
12-14   Gnomon Vale Margrave - Gnomon Vale (McALester, TX)
19-21   Autumn Melees - Bordermarch (Beaumont, TX)
26-28   Thanksgiving Weekend

December 1999
3-5     Open
10-12   Yule Revel - Wiesenfeuer (OKC,OK)
17-19   Open
24-26   Open
31-2    Open