ANST - Wamba the Wonder Saxon Redux

clward at mmm.com clward at mmm.com
Fri Feb 20 06:06:30 PST 1998

I heard last night that my mail program had inconveniently eaten the last two
or three paragraphs of my rebuttal to Tomonaga's
Wamba the Wonder Saxon" post, including my signature.  I can't do anything
about the technology (spank! bad computer!) but in fact the post *was* mine in
its entirety and I did sign it -- that just got chopped off at the bottom with
the missing couple of paragraphs.

Rumil, that wasn't a flame -- it was a serious answer.  I wasn't calling
Tomonaga names --- I did point out repeatedly that he was griping and
complaining, and what he could do about it.  I save my flames (such as they
are) for face to face conversations, being such a shy, non-confrontational,
non-argumentative little lass from the wilds of Finland.

::GUNNORA::

Who is *still* waiting for the peasantry to craft something really nice so I
can swoop down and seize it!  Mine!  All mine!  What?  You have swords and
knives?  Oh, that changes things.  You can keep your tawdry peasant
handicrafts!  Yeah!  That's the ticket!

(Subtitles for the humor impaired: the preceeding paragraph was intended as
humor.  Not for serious consideration.  Do not administer internally.  Use only
under the supervision of a sense of humor.)

(Actually that reminds me of an incident a couple of years back when Mistress
Reginleif ewas still apprenticed to Mistress Siobhan.  Siobhan coveted some
particularly nice item that Reginleif had either made or had won for an A&S
competition, and so Siobhan announced "Apprentice Tax!" to which Reginleif,
with her hand resting on her knife replied, evil gleam in her eyes, "Apprentice
Revolt!" The tax was not collected.)