ANST - Principality Arms Discussion

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 20 07:13:16 PST 1998

Salut, Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Daniel de Lincolia typed something like:

>Therefore, a crowned lion is likely to be considered to not
>have a crown at all for purposes of the rules.  That's not a
>problem for a principality, since they aren't required to
>have a crown.  It'd likely be a problem if the principality
>wanted to go kingdom with the same arms.

I agree.  Since we're talking about a principality, I don't see any need to
discuss crowns.

>However, crowned lions are quite common even in early period
>armory.  Being a radical, I'd try to get the entire
>laurel-wreath and crown rules repealed, but that might take
>a while!  Otherwise, I'd try to argue against the precedent,
>because I think it's a bad precedent.  Otherwise, I'd go
>with a Big, Bold, Butch crown in a vivid red, for the best
>possible visibility.

Sounds cool, but you've just described the principal charge on the arms of
An Tir:  a black lion rampant wearing a BBB red crown.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin