ANST - P-word

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 20 13:07:28 PST 1998

Charlene Charette wrote:

> Todd Marsh wrote:
>
> > I disagree.  If there were more good events within 2 hours of your house, wouldn't that make it easier and cheaper to play?  The fact that Steppes Warlord is fun enough to be worth an 8 hour drive will not change.
> >
> > People will have more options when there are more big events in each region.  "More options"  is why I am in favor of principalities.
> >
> > Llywelyn
> > Lord Elfsea
>
> Just be careful you don't confuse quantity for quality.  I'd rather go to fewer really good events than a bunch of mediocre ones.  Is there enough interest, ideas and manpower to run more events?  There might be, I
> have no idea.
>
> --Perronnelle

Not to waste bandwidth with a "me too", but Amen to fewer but better
events.  It has been a soapbox of mine for years now.  I would rather
see any group, large or small, choose to do one really kickass fantastic
event a year than a dozen smaller mediocre ones.  Does this mean that no
one gets to go to small, intimate events anymore?  No, there are plenty
of smaller groups whose events will of course by nature be smaller, and
they exist in every region so that they are close to everyone.  And of
course with fewer overall events, there will be more open weekends, and
thus less competition for people to attend, so less worry for the groups
that their event might bomb and drive them into bankruptcy.  Ahh, a
pipedream I know, but a pleasant one I like to trot out now and again.

Galen K.