ANST - Principalities

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:58:08 PST 1998

Heilsa Graf and Brother Knight...

You wrought the words well...

>While in theory I understand the desire to set a schedule for the Crown,
>in practise I an very reluctant to accept it.  Ther are just to many
>modern, mundane factors which interfere.  It may be impossible for a
>Crown to go to a certain set event or group at a certain set time.
>There were times I had to adjust my schedule about where or when I would
>go because my job required so much travelling, and others have the same
>or similar demands restrictions.  I might be flying in out of state on
>Friday night,and I couldn't quite get home, pack up and be off to
>Bonwicke.  There were times I changed my flight schedule and literally
>flew to the hosting city, was met at the airport by Rebecca, and then
>drove straight to the event. But this is impossible to plan for months
>in advance when you are trying to decide whether you should fight in
>Crown tourney.  (It should be some clue that I have not competed in a
>Crown since I stepped down).

Graf Galen K.

I do agree with you on the inability of most Crowns to meet their everyday
obligations and travel to the extent we've all been accustomed to seeing... The
rotating schedule I propose would have a huge amount of leeway built into it...
Giving the Crown(s) and Their Heirs the ability to pick and choose from the
availible events during Their Reigns... The burden/duty would be spread over a
12 to 18 month period to insure no one set of Royals would be taxed beyond
Their means...

As to your and your incomparable Rose Rebecca... The job ya'll did, given all
the circumstances, was most excellent and very well carried out. If I have
never given you both my thanks....then. Thank you, both, for a job well done
and a duty discharged well...

In service, with Respect, and Love...

Waes Thu Hael kinsman...

Sir Kief av Kiersted...