ANST - P-words...in a nut-shell.

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 14:32:54 PST 1998

<< >1.  God (he gets top priority)
 >2.  Your country
 >3.  Your state or territory
 >4.  Your county (if applicable)
 >5.  Your city or regional area (if appicable)
 >6.  Your family
 >7.  Your friends
 >8.  Yourself

 First, which god/goddess...? >>

Sorry.   Oversight on my part.

<< Second, family, friends, self...>>

I can't answer that one at the moment.

<< Third, which "country" the one the people live in or the one ruled by the
 government?>>

I assumed it was both, since they're supposed to go hand-in-hand, and are
supposed to be democratic (limited knowledge here).  I am not a fan of
anarchy.

 >Now, in Society terms, this should be
 >
 >1.  God
 >2.  SCA
 >3.  Kingdom
 >4.  Principality (if applicable)
 >5.  Region (if applicable)
 >6.  Branch
 >7.  Household, guild, etc. (if applicable)
 >8.  Self

 First, the SCA has a policy of no religious recognition...

Again, an oversight.

<< Second, family, friends, (household)>>

Well, I suppose that's your deal.  Not much I can say about that.

<< Third, Kingdom....
 Fourth, Branch

 >Now, what would this say if you can't keep it in that order?

 For me it would say that I have a completely different set of priorities than
 you... Or perhaps are you implying something else entirely?

Well, I'd probably be way off-base, considering what I grew up in, but the
basis is that your-diety-of-choice was the one that created the
government/country you lived in, and that that diety alone can destroy it, so
that is where your first alliegance lies.

The second alliegance is because that was the country you lived in and the
government that admistrated it and was supposed to protect you, so your
survival and freedom depends on its continued operation.  (Of course, your
milage may vary).  The other administrative entities are also their for
similar reasons (with some exceptions).

The rest I will leave for now.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)