ANST - P-word

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Fri Feb 20 14:47:40 PST 1998

Graf Galen penned (in part):

>Not to waste bandwidth with a "me too", but Amen to fewer but better
>events.  It has been a soapbox of mine for years now.  I would rather
>see any group, large or small, choose to do one really kickass fantastic
>event a year than a dozen smaller mediocre ones.  Does this mean that no

Though I understand and somewhat agree, there are problems with doing it
this way.  The main thing with this as I have seen it is that the local
group ends up sending award recommendations to be given at someone else's
event, and different styles of tournaments aren't "experimented" with.  And
pray that the crown makes it up this decade.

In Mooneschadowe we dropped our second event and replaced it with a
fundraiser.  We also occasionally bid & pray for a kingdom event.  With only
one event, we do it very well, but the event is crowded with things to do.
And since some of it is traditional we have less room to experiment with new
activities (Guardian is always a Swiss Five and cannot be repeated).

In addition, we have many individuals deserving of recognition above and
beyond our local pat-on-the-back.  Try sending fifteen or twenty award
recommendations to the crown for one event and see how much flak that
generates.  Five or six in one year for a group that has over fifty active
members is more realistic, but if you haven't had many in the past few years
it adds up to quite a few.  So we hope that a few at Wiesenfeuer, and a few
more at Namron or Northkeep or Eldern Hills can be handled without causing
too many problems with our neighbors' Baronial Courts.  I feel that certain
awards are best received at your own local event - AoA & Comets.
Unfortunately, that is not always feasible.

Just some meandering thoughts.

Talen
---------
Centurion Talen von Marienburg