ANST - RE: Northern regional tribute

Scott Powers spowers at telepath.com
Mon Feb 23 06:39:02 PST 1998

>Kelandra wrote:
>>
>> So how was the event?
>
>Well, since everyone else seems too exhausted to reply yet...
>A well attended event! Of course, Baroness Mistress Kat's peerage and
>the Namron investiture helped the gate I'm sure.
>I believe I heard Autocrat Baroness Gitana say at court it looked like
>two thousand dollars raised for the Kingdom.
>I personally appreciated all the diverse classes offered, and was able
>to take advantage of a couple. Classes seemed to be well attended.
>I can't speak for the war college, or the actual numbers at gate.
>Court was long by some folks standards. It was a pleasure to see 4
>baronies of the North, and their Majesties all holding court. But then,
>I'm easily impressed by a little pomp and circumstance. Perhaps someone
>else can be more specific.
>Ly. Britta the Red

Final figures not compiled yet but attendance was between 350 and 400.
Feast served about 175.  The hall won't hold any more than that.  We did
raise a lot of money to donate to the Kingdom.  Merchants were there in
force making donations of gear for the auction and in cash.  A tremendous
effort by all groups in the north.  Everyone pulled together.  I have been
to events before where lots of classes were held, but I can't recall any
that I have been to where there were so many classes being attended by so
many very intent people.

This event is definately growing every year.  More people on site, more
people participating in activities, MANY more people at the War College
than last year.  Looking across that mass of black and gold, I trembled on
behalf of Trimaris.  And I overheard the fighters talking about getting hit
with the war arrows from the large number of archers (mostly from
Mooneschadowe I think), and how they had NO trouble calling those arrow
shots.  Let Trimaris know fear.

Rumil