ANST - Lost & Found

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 26 04:13:26 PST 1998

Catriona Rowley asked:

     Out of curiosity, what do different groups do with the
     unclaimed items in their lost and found?

The cleverest thing I saw done was with a group that held the items for a
year.  At the anniversary of their loss (later, just at their biggest
annual event, where most of the people were likely to attend) the items
were put on display for claiming.  All unclaimed items were auctioned off
at the end of the day, money to benefit the group.  People could pick up
knives, clothing, feast gear, adn what-all that way for fairly minimal
amounts.  Some of my feast gear dates back to when I lived there and was a
high bidder.

                        ---= Morgan the Interkingdom Anthropologist

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
                          daytime: margolh at nt.com

              I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

                I intend to live forever - so far, so good

          I love defenseless animals, especially in a good gravy