ANST - BlackStar officer report...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Feb 28 08:15:22 PST 1998

Good Morning one and all,

As you know, I have decided to step down as the Virtual Scribe at the end
of TRM Jean Richard and Gladwen's reign. This is only a few short months
off. I have had several people ask questions regarding the position,
but only a couple actual applications.

I would like to start phone interviewing at the end of April and then make
my recommendation to Lady Margaret. By the end of May I would like to start
the transition of the office over. This will allow a good trial time period
to make sure that the duties are well understood and all functions
transitioned smoothly.

The only reason I am not interviewing as I receive applications is that
I do not wish to forget any information between now and the time I
interview the rest of the applicants.

Although I talked about the requirements before, I did not actually
discuss the duties involved. (Silly Pug, no biscuit.) In no particular
order, they are:

1) Update the web page with regards to officer and Royalty changes.
2) Update the unofficial on-line calendar.
3) Respond to people needing assistance finding a group.
4) Update and verify local group and reference links.
5) Update on-line heraldry resources with the assistance of the College
   of Heralds.
6) Update the mailing list subscription options for relevant lists from
   around the world. (This one is negotiable since I will continue to
   maintain the Kingdom mailing lists.)
7) The ever popular - other duties as assigned.

The look and feel of the web page is of course up to you, but I
recommend keeping it simple. We wish to reach the largest group of
people possible and be a useful resource to our populace, not to be the
flashiest web page around.

I mentioned before that the site the web page is being hosted on is good
through March of 1999. Unfortunately the ISP has been in a bit of
turmoil, so it might be best for you to find a more reliable location at
your earliest convenience.

To contact me with any questions, please send them via email to
VScribe at Ansteorra.ORG.

Send your letters of application with photocopy of your membership card
to:

Richard Bainter
1502 Choquette
Austin, TX 78757