ANST - Commercial Reproductions of Medieval Glass Beads

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Jan 5 05:23:38 PST 1998

I wanted to point out the following web site for those of you who may be
interested:

http://www.webpak.net/~cclemo/

This merchant is reproducing beads from the Viking Age, Islamic beads,
Phonecian beads, eye beads (found everywhere in period), Frankish beads,
and whole Viking necklaces pre-strung.

If you make glass beads yourself, the website has good color photos of the
beads which can serve as a reference.  I don't know about the beads from
other cultures, but the Viking beads are all accurate. And, of course,
those looking to purchase beads for a special costume accessory may be
interested as well.

I have not dealt with this merchant, so this is neither a recommendation
nor an advertisement, but I thought it was a useful resource and should be
shared.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)