ANST - 14th century knights

S. Bairrington Katri at fastinet.net
Wed Jan 7 12:25:45 PST 1998

Chuckle, Actually some of us had to choose our eras due to
ability/inability to sew. When one can only sew the basic t-tunic and
variations thereof one is limited as to period. Thus, 5th to about 10th
century were my limitations.  But one can have a great deal of fun with
variations on a t-tunic. Underdress, overdress, robes -- all can can be
sewn from the basic t-tunic pattern. Length, sleeves/no sleeves, where the
open seam is, trim, choices of fabric all lend to a great set of garb. AND,
you can make it interchangeable so that you have different looks.  The
fancy, corseted, underskirted, brocade stuff is just out of my abilities.
Although I have had dear friends that just had to get me into later periods
who sewed me wonderful garb.