ANST - Land funds...

calypso at chaosbutterfly.com calypso at chaosbutterfly.com
Thu Jan 8 14:23:29 PST 1998

Addressed to: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
              ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG

** Reply to note from Russell Kinder <russmax at ns.cowboy.net> Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:48:50 +0000
Has anyone thought to talk to Raven's Fort who has an agreement with a local
rancher for SCA use of the land. Raven's Fort foots the bill for upkeep and
improvements on the land. Check with them on how they do it nad what costs run
annually. Also it is a primitive site, without elaborate halls, etc. It does have
a kitchen that was built by the group and even if it is "primitive" it still feeds
hundreds of satisfied feasters. There are latrines on site or occasionally rent a
privies. There is more than enough room for everyone to play, fight, camp,eat,
dance and hold court. This is as much as a lot of sites for any outdoor events
have to offer. More facilities could be built later if this were our own land.
Like any family wanting a really permanent home, it takes money and time to buy
and build what we really want. it doesn't happen overnight. Look at other groups
such as the Boy and Girl Scouts and how they aquired the land and facilities they
currently have. We could follw their exampes even though our organizations are
different.

In service to the dream,
3xLady Jotahn Firesteed