ANST - The Sword of State (info control)

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Jan 9 15:14:09 PST 1998

Galen here...

Shane B. wrote:

> I believe it was a flamberge' [curvy edges] too wasn't it Sir Pendaran?
>
> Alastair

No.  It is an elegantly simple, double-edged sword, the sort I
think of as simply a broadsword.  Intended for use single-handed.
Entirely black.  Straight cruciform quillions, ending in small
balls.  Hilt wrapped in black leather, with brass wire and brads.
Disc-shaped pommel, enammeled gold with a 10-pointed black star.
Wooden scabbard wrapped in black leather.

Alastair, I think you're thinking of the greatsword Finn Kelly
picked up at Pennsic when he was King, and which he used while
Orm & Megan were doing work on the "ebon blade", Ansteorra's
Great Sword of State, during his reign.  That was a 6-foot
flamberged greatsword, quite heavy.

- Galen

--
pmitchel at flash.net \ http://www.flash.net/~pmitchel
"The Constitution is a radical document ... it is the job