ANST - Meetings and Volume at Steppes 12th Night

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 13 09:19:29 PST 1998

At 10:38 AM 1/13/98 -0600, you wrote:

>If we were to do it again, I would suggest the "No, really... draw even
>nigher" approach and bring the interested populace all up to the first fifty
>feet of the hall.  This might seem crowded, but I think it's the only way to
>insure that those that *want* to hear court *get* to hear court in that
>environment without miking anyone.

Maybe, since the hall was so large, a no-man's buffer zone in the middle,
with folks who are just plain not interested behind that.  Gee, *I* wouldn't
have minded you blocking my view, Dieter <evil grin>.  Far better choice
than some of the stuff that goes on in most courts!

>A suggestion:  those not interested in the proceedings (just at the event
>for the circles, the elevations, and Gunthars cooking, eh?) might do well to
>go to one of the other areas provided to be noisy and raise Cane... the bar
>was free, the weather outside was pleasant,

It was a little too chilly for my preference, at least for standing outside
in it.  And the bar closed down during the feast, didn't it?  At least I
thought I heard an announcement to that effect.  The balcony was open,
however.  In my own case, I had an infant asleep in a crib at the back and,
no offense to anyone involved, was not particularly interested in the
proceedings, so it didn't bother me one way or the other.  I sewed and kept
my conversation very low.

 and the kitchen was in dire need
>of leadership;)

THAT seems obvious, noting some of, eh-hem, Vanora's messages!  ;^)

Catherine