ANST - "belts"

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Tue Jan 13 11:27:48 PST 1998

Galen here!

Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> Vanora wrote:
> > Just like a belted circle SHOULD be.
>
> Um, er ... how to write this without sounding over-critical
> over a small usage ...  Um, there are people in the Chivalry
> who don't wear belts, and I think they are included in the
> order meetings and ought to be termed full members of the
> Chivalry.
>
> Daniel de Lincoln

Historically, in Ansteorra, on the assumption that a
baldric is just a belt you wear differently, "belt"
has been a generic shorthand term for "member of the
chivalry".  Master Lloyd and Master Jonathan have
oft been heard to refer to themselves as "belts".

So while I agree with your sensitivity on this issue,
we actually use the term "belt" to refer to both
knights and masters in Ansteorra.

- Galen of Bristol

--
pmitchel at flash.net \ http://www.flash.net/~pmitchel
"The Constitution is a radical document ... it is the job