ANST - Steppes 12th Night

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Tue Jan 13 08:57:14 PST 1998

Mark.S Harris wrote:

> I have noticed that we do have some problems in Bryn Gwlad finding servers but
> not apparently as bad as in the Steppes. Do other groups have this problem?
> How do you handle it?

In Mooneschadowe we have the idea that it is a privelege and honor to
serve. (Which it is.) It is also the "in" thing to do. We also have a
strong tradition of well-organized head servers that make sure
everything runs smoothly and make sure the servers are able to do their
job without unpleasantness. Generally, when feast is over, the servers
all had a great time and look forward to doing it again next time. Thus,
the old guard still likes to serve, and we can let new players serve,
knowing they will have a good time.

Hon. Lord Aeddan and Hon. Lady Gwennan of House Windbourne have
perfected feast-serving to a fine art. Following in their tradition is
Lord Owen ap Aeddan.

Like anything else at an event, serving has to be planned and organized
to be effective. I agree with Stefan that this is not the feast
steward's job. There should be a head server who works with the event
steward and feast steward.

Lord Guillaume