ANST - Steppes 12th Night

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jan 13 20:01:04 PST 1998

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Mark.S Harris
<rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com> wrote:
> And Gunthar, I liked the little menu sheets. This helped
> us know what was still to come out, even if the order on
> the sheet wasn't the order they were brought out in. And
> since the ingredients given, those with alergies could
> easily see which dishes to avoid or inquire further about.

OHHHH yes!  There are picky eaters like me out there too,
who got a chance to plan ahead.  Also, one could guess how
much one is likely to want of various dishes, and try for
more reasonable proportions of each.

I also liked the variety.  We picky eaters had some plain
stuff (beef + trace elements), and normal people could have
fun with oddities.

One datum ... anecdote, really: a person at my table has a
great deal of trouble with pepper, and most every dish had
it.  However, she was used to this and habitually brings a
lot of food with her.  Not to teach you how to suck eggs,
Gunthar, but maybe in the future you could look and see if
an ingredient (other than salt, water, or other things you
*can't* be allergic to and live) is in almost all of the
dishes, and perhaps find one or two dishes that could
survive yanking that ingredient?

--
Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com