ANST - AOA/GOA etc courts

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Wed Jan 14 13:29:22 PST 1998

Greetings !

>>An idea that just hit me (*wham* OW!): perhaps we just have
>>to say "only major business in major events' courts".  No
>>awards below GoAs, say, or some other more-or-less arbitrary
>>cutoff?  The courts get substantially shorter, and each
>>piece of business is of interest to more people.

Everyone would like to have shorter courts, but I dont belive this is the
way. Are we segregating ourselves into 2 or 3 classes? So all the peers dont
have to show up for the"little" court, right? Heck, the King and Queen are
busy with circles anyway, so the Baron can just give out the award. But
He's involved with feast right now, so why dont we just give the person the
scroll on the side? It's only an AOA, right?.............................

I dont mean to harp on anyones idea. But the persons receiving AOA's have
just as much right to be thanked and celebrated for their efforts as
"important" awards. Remember , for quite a few people, This is the biggest
thing in their SCA life to date. It might be their *only* award ever.

I had a very good view of Steppes court, and I enjoyed it immensly. Watching
a gentle break into tears when thanked for the work they had done, in such a
public fashion, makes you feel good. It puts some magic into this game of ours.

Timo