ANST - Mail to ansteorra at ansteorra.org

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jan 15 06:59:58 PST 1998

PKieferjr said something that sounded like:
> Try writing it like the one below and see if that works (caps and all).

The caps don't matter. All mail, in particular the hostnames, is required,
by RFC, to be case-insensitive. This was a major problem with some mail
systems when they got Internet gateways, but they all seem to have cleared
it up.

The problem was associated with an overloaded system (my server) and an
ISP that couldn't configure their own system if their life depended on
it. Of course it doesn't help that I stole their last good SysAdmin
away. (I'm going to encourage the next Virtual Scribe to find a new ISP
to host the web page.)

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "The problem's plain to see
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   Too much technology."