ANST - AOA/GOA etc courts - Brand new, help!

Rowan2u Rowan2u at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 10:35:53 PST 1998

<< BTW, Rowan: Personally, I suggest using a historically
 >documentable first name within a few months after you decide
 >you'll be staying in the group.
 >I don't know whether or not Rowan was used by real people as
 >a name in the SCA time period -- my little information leans
 >toward "not", but I can't be at *all* definitive.

what does "historically documentable" mean exactly? It has to be truly written
down on something that has survived till now? Seems unlikely that all the
names they used would have been recorded. I mean, in several hundered years
will anyone consider "Dweezil" or "Moon Unit" as 20th century names?

Set me straight on the rules, please :)

My thanks,
Rowan