ANST - Adopt me - Rowan

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Thu Jan 15 11:18:28 PST 1998

No offence meant, but it might not be a good idea to just attach yourself
to the first people in the SCA you meet or think are neat.

I have seen MANY people get into the sca and get adopted by a household
soon to realize that they were uncompatible with those people. They usually
drop out instead of looking around for more people to play with.

My suggestion is to go to all the meetings and activities you can. Figure
out who you really click with. Investigate all the things you would like
to do and attachments will form. I was in about 4 years before being
asked into a household and now am in 5/ all of whom do not require the
kind of loyalties that would conflict.

The SCA may not even be your cup of tea. You may find that you would like
to persue your religious connections more than the historically based
stuff (supposedly) that we do. Though there are a fair amount of pagans
in the SCA it would be more appropriate to express your paganness through
other organizations.

It's all a different strokes for different folkes kind of thing.

Lorraine DeerSlayer