ANST - AOA/GOA etc courts

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Thu Jan 15 23:52:18 PST 1998

At 01:08 PM 1/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>My first post got lots of responses, but it seems that you guys are missing
>the point.  Probably half the cooks in the SCA have been called out of the
>kitchen to receive awards(though it may not be that low).  Okay, so maybe
>the archery field is kind of isolated.  I hoped that people reading this
>list could see a general idea when it runs them over, rather than focusing
>on the specifics.
>
>You may not have liked it(being called out of the kitchen), but in general
>these are big crowd favorites, and were I King, I might think in terms of
>good theater, over other considerations.

I seem to recall when Duke Mikael was King and at an event being held in
Elfsea, he decided to present an award to the cook and led a procession down
from the thrones and led all of the "court" into the kitchen for the
presentation.  I was relatively new and thought it was great! (I still do)
I believe the cook was from Dragonsfire Tor and I think she was delighted.

But then again, as I've said before, I enjoy court and especially seeing
everyone get awards.  I hope it can be worked out so it continues that way.

Thanks for letting me put in my 2¢ worth. (or .25¢ or whatever the going
rate is today)

Bicé

>Then again, each individual point was a good one, deserving of
>consideration.
>
>Conor
>lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo

	Chris Harper