ANST - Returned mail

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Jan 16 08:52:13 PST 1998

>>> RCPT To:<ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
<<< 551 we do not relay

Conor, *I* say the major focus of a gift or award
should be how the recipient feels about it, and
only second how an audience might feel about it.
I would be annoyed or appalled at a crown that
reversed the priorities.

As for the big idea versus the specifics, in this
case the Devil *is* in the details.  The complaint
about cooks can be generalized to "one could be
in a state where one doesn't want to be seen
or handling something precious".  The complaint
about A&S or archery fields can be generalized as
"there may be a much smaller audience, and the
*recipient* may not like that".  However, I think
someone mentioned on-the-field awards for fighters,
and there's an example that *does* work.  There
are lots of fighters, there are lots of people watching,
almost all the fighters are there during a list or war,
and people are generally in a state fit to be seen
(modulo Nikes, pickle barrel armor, and such).

So we've considered implementation, and that's
important.

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.