ANST - Meetings and Volume at Steppes 12th Night

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jan 16 09:56:30 PST 1998

Timothy A. McDaniel said something that sounded like:
> Kingdom pays for kingdom event?  Weeeellll ...
> in general yes, but if the local group is flush
> I'd suggest that generosity on their part would
> be well-advised.

Good Morning,

  There is something that people asking the Kingdom to pay for something
  should know.

  According to the new Kingdom Law, if the Kingdom gives *any* funds
  for a Kingdom event, the Kingdom gets 50% of the profits. I *think*
  they have to give them 30% even without funding. This is changed from
  the old vague:

      A branch which hosts a Kingdom event may, at the discretion of
      the Crown, be asked to contribute a portion of that event's net
      profits to the Kingdom.

  I don't have my draft of the new laws in front of me, so I'm shooting
  in the dark.

  Kingdom events, as opposed to Calendar or Perpetual (such as Steppes
  Warlord or Candlemas) events, are very well defined as:

  Crown Tourney
  Coronation
  Kingdom A&S
  Kingdeom Eisteddfod
  King's College
  Kingdom Warlord
  Queen's Champion
  Queen's Children's College (Never seen one of these)
  Academy of the Rapier
  Academy of the Bow

  This is from the old Laws. I don't remember how they got shuffled
  around.

  Remember, I'm just some bozo who thinks he knows something. Refer to
  the Kingdom Seneschal for the real answers.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "We have a constitutional right to make
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   fools of ourself."