ANST - Proposition: a Kingdom Business Meeting

Vicki Marsh zarazina at flash.net
Fri Jan 16 13:56:25 PST 1998

Greetings from Zara Zina,

Graf Galen K. wrote:

> Although I agree with Alton and Zara Zina's postition here I have to
> ask, how do you think those shouting matches got started in the first
> place? Often because one person felt the other needed "the boot" and
> decided it was incumbent upon them to provide it.......

There *are* issues that are important enough to stand up for and argue over. I do not deny that fact.  I *don't* think that the proper place is on stage at a Baronial event where everyone in the place can watch the theatrics and temper tantrums that some circles are famous for.

As a society, we will have internal strife.  We will argue. We will form factions. It is the normal course of human society that this will happen.  And it is up to us to provide for the proper safe outlet for this expression of opinion and feelings.

I am simply advocating the ackowledgement of what the event is being held for.  I did not feel like Steppes 12th night was a Steppes event.  It was *not* a celebration.  It was not the type of an event where someone new to the Society would come away enthralled with the wonder of it all (although the Laurel ceremonies were pretty cool, the food was great, and there were some pretty incredible A & S displays). I still felt like too much business got in the way.

At most large events, there is some important Kingdom business that takes place.  It does *not* have to take over the event to the extent that it overshadows the event.

We are getting large enough to need a large Kingdom business meeting at least once a reign, preferably after Crown Tournament and before Coronation, so that the Heirs are fully caught up with the current problems and needs.

Of course, now that I have stated that the cat needs to have a bell, the question is, "Who will bell the cat?". Hmmm??

In Loving Service to Crown and Kingdom,

Baroness Zara Zina Theanos

"Go Byzantine."
"Keep your kids off artificial colors."