ANST - Adopt me - Rowan

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jan 16 06:37:02 PST 1998

On 16 Jan 98 at 12:43, Joe Wolf wrote:

> >for the record, i highly recommend historical, philosophical, and
> >theological discussions with Jesuits ... *very* informative.
>
> I heartily agree, 'wolf... that is, if you can keep the boxing
> gloves off of 'em!!

i always found that a good practice prior to such conversations was
to encourgare the person in question to become comfortably
inebriated prior to starting the deeper conversations ... nothing
like a tipsy jesuit to liven up a dull week intellectually (grin).
we had some killer debates over the church's role in the chinese
opium wars ... "guns, drug's, and dogma, no place like rome" (grin
w/fangs"

as far as boxing gloves, the person in question had a martial
capability of zilch.   now one of my treasured combat sparring
partners of many years back was a greek orthadox monk at a small
monestary in the hill country ...

'wolf

... carpe ichthae