ANST - Naming

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Jan 16 15:14:02 PST 1998

> >I think "Lloyd von Eaker" was a pretty good use for "Lloyd Eaker" don't you?
> >
> If you're trying to sound the same, it is.  But why have a persona name
> that is almost indistinguishable from your mundane name.

I think Lloyd realized that his name was acceptable to the heralds and decided
to do the "go back in time" thing. In fact when he actively played, the date was
always exactly 700 years ago.

  What I think
> the original quotee was saying would be something like how I arrived at
> my name. My mundane full name is Charlie Lawrence Cain and I'm of Irish
> descent and wished to go back in time about 1400 years.   Larkin O'Kane
> is the equivalent of Lawrence Cain.  I could have dropped the O', but I
> like it. <gr>

My name is similar. Mundanely I'm "Michael Gunter" and my father's name is John.
Since for most of my life I've been called some variation of "Gunter" I just
went the ancestorial route and became Gunthar, Jons-son.

I had to go with GunthAr since GunthEr is German and I'm a happy Swede.

> Larkin

Yers,

GunthAr