ANST - Nordsteorran War Practice!

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Mon Jan 19 09:45:10 PST 1998

There will be a Nordsteorran (Northern Regional) War Practice on Sunday, January 25th, at Boomer Park in Mooneschadowe (Stillwater, OK).  Directions are below.  Time is 2:00 p.m. until dark.  This park offers a large area to practice both chivalric melee and combat archery, so bring all your toys.  It is also the regular fighter practice area for Mooneschadowe, for those who've been here before.  We will meet at the third pavilion.

This is the day after the Namron Rapier Collegium (a one day event), so if you're planning on being in the area, we're about an hour and a half north of that event.

We will practice melee scenarios.  All scenarios will have archers (both touch kill and full contact).  Emphasis will be on fighting and leadership, with less stress on instruction than previous Nordsteorran War Practices.

In case of inclement weather, we will retire to an indoor site at the Community Center (9th & Duck) to practice individual combat and tactics.  Archers can fire at targets (live ones if we can find willing subjects!).  That decision will be made at 2:30 or later if deemed necessary, so show up at the park first.

Directions to Boomer Park:
>From the East:  (A) Take Highway 51 West to Stillwater.  Turn right (north) on Main Street.  Follow street until you see Park on right.  Entrance is on right (east) side at bottom of hill.  Stay to left.  (B)  Take Cimarron Turnpike to Stillwater.  Take 177 South into Stillwater.  Park is on left (east) side.  Take entrance at bottom of hill.  Stay to left.

>From West:  Take Highway 51 East to Stillwater.  Turn left (north) on Main Street.  Follow (A) above.

>From South:  Take I-35 North to Stillwater exit (Highway 51 East).  Follow "From West" above.